RENNER PIANO ACTIONS
The firm Louis Renner was founded in Stuttgart, Germany in 1882. Today its headquarters and main
factory are located in Stuttgart, with additional factories in Odenheim and Zeitz. Renner manufactures
complete grand and upright piano actions in addition to special piano parts, piano hammers,
accessories, piano tools, and professional literature. They supply the primary piano action components
to the world's leading piano makers and piano technicians in over 80 countries.
In 1988, Lloyd Meyer established Renner USA, a division of L.W. Meyer & Company, to provide a
stronger presence in North America and to create a U.S. based facility for the research and
development of special piano action parts and tools specifically designed for vintage American pianos.
These include original dimensioned piano action replacement parts for Baldwin, Chickering, Knabe,
Mason & Hamlin, Steinway, and other fine American pianos. The company also provides original
replacement parts for the great European piano makers, including Bechstein, Blüthner, Bösendofer,
Fazioli, August Förster, Grotrian Steinweg, Schimmel, Seiler, Wilh, Steinberg, Steingräber & Söhne,
and Perzina. Particularly in demand, are the top of the line Premium Blue piano hammers which do not
require the addition of lacquers or other artificial impregnation of hardeners; and special tools which
have been developed for fine regulating.
Renner USA was recently selected by The Piano Technicians Guild (PTG) to produce their official
grand piano action testing model which is used exclusively in the test process leading to the
distinguished achievement of Registered Piano technician (RPT). Renner also supports this important
organization in conducting a series of technical seminars across the country to their membership.